Thursday, May 15, 2014

Reaction to Steve Job's Commencement Speech

Steve Jobs's commencement speech was simply incredible. I believe his speech easily appealed to any audience member, including both those who were there and those who watched via Stanford News or Youtube, like myself. I agree with each one of the points he made through his three personal stories, but I believe one point that he made is the most important. In his speech, Jobs said that everyone should focus on doing what they love; he believed that that was one of the key’s to his success. I have been trying to live my life like that since I was in middle school; I truly do trust in his philosophy. When I was younger and still trying to figure out what I wanted to do when I grew up, I would tell myself… have a career that you would do for free, if money wasn't a factor. That is why I work at a nonprofit camp. I only get paid three dollars an hour, but I adore my job and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I hope to spend the rest of my working life with a job I adore, just like Jobs did. Though Jobs did not graduate from college, he was still an incredibly successful, well known man, who has definitely influenced billions of lives. Listening to Jobs give a commencement speech like this had more of an affect on me than some speeches, I believe, because I could relate to him in some ways, like him wanting to focus on classes that interest him, and he obviously knew what he was talking about. I believe Jobs was an astounding man and influenced the lives of many greatly by giving his know-how of success to the world. If you would like to be inspired by his commencement speech as well, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment